Mrs A Pocock
Tel: 0428 576 309
St John the Baptist, Lameroo
[Cnr Railway Tce South and Ficken Lane]
For further information regarding services times, please contact the Secretary.
St John the Baptist Church
From 1907 to 1909 services were held in private homes and some in Ratcliff’s Hall on Butler Terrace. In 1908 the congregation bought some land and in 1910 a timber and iron mission hall was opened. At the back of the hall was a room for the lay preacher to live in. In the late 1920s the room at the rear was no longer required for accommodation and was used as a meeting room. In approx. 1930 the building was recognised as a church rather than a mission and dedicated to St John the Baptist. Later the building was extended. In June 1962 the foundation stone was laid for the new church and it was opened in November.
The original church was retained as a hall and for meetings and is currently used as Lameroo’s Opportunity Shop. This is staffed on a rotational basis by different churches within the town with profits being split equally.
Mallee Bound - Lameroo Town Walk
Please Wait, Processing Submission.
Do not refresh or leave this page until loading complete.