The Mt Barker District
Left to right: Christ the King, Mt Barker; St James, Blakiston; St Mary's, Echunga; St John the Baptist, Macclesfield, St John the Evangelist, Mylor
Churches and Service Times
Please note that all service times are subject to variation. Check our Facebook page for up-to-date details.
The Parish of Mount Barker was formed in January 1885 with the Rev. John W. Owen as incumbent. The parish consisted of Christ Church, Mount Barker, St Mary's, Echunga and St Paul's, Hahndorf.
St James, Blakiston, joined the Mt Barker Parish in 1956 at which time St Paul's, Hahndorf, left.
St John the Baptist, Macclesfield, joined the parish sometime between 1911 and 1926.
On 1st October 1974, the Parish was reconstituted to include St John the Evangelist, Mylor, and Christ Church, Longwood. Christ Church, Longwood, was destroyed by bushfire in 1980.
To live as faithful disciples of Jesus, serving our communities, proclaiming God's love in word and sacrament, being sustained by the power of the Holy Spirit.
To be a loving and non-judgemental Christian community where all are welcomed and able to share in God's grace.
Please Wait, Processing Submission.
Do not refresh or leave this page until loading complete.